The tournament is open to all players. It will consist in a cup for 16 participants (the 4 winners of the first two rounds of the CEGO tournament on Friday and the 12 best player according to the European ladder) and it is a classic mac-mahon tournament for the other players.
The CEGO pro qualification tournament will take place at the Maison de la Region on friday 23rd.
View Region Alsace in a larger map
The weekend tournament will take place at the Collège St-Etienne in Strasbourg.
Afficher Tournoi de go à Strasbourg in a larger map
Saturday, May 25th :
- From 10:00 to 13:00 : players registration.
- 14:00 : first round and 1/8th finals for the top group.
- 17:00 : second round and quarterfinals for top group.
- 19:00 : All-you-can-eat Flammekueche and drink (10€) with commentaries of the quarterfinals.
Sunday, May 26th :
- 10h00 : third round and semi-finals.
- 14h00 : fourth round and final.
The top 16 players are allowed to play for the cup. When they loose a game in the cup, they’ll join the classic mac-mahon tournament, except the loosers of semi-finals who will play for the 3rd place.
- 1 hour per player and 15 stones for 5 minutes byo-yomi
- Japanese rules
- komi : 6.5
- Even games
Prizes and registration fees
Saturday evening dinner : 10 euros
(all-you-can-eat tartes flambées, drinks included except wine).
For players below 10kyu and younger than 18 :
Prizes for 4 wins : go book, DVD, Alsace wine or chocolates.
For other players
Tournament fee : 15 euros.
Prizes for top group
- Winner : 600 euros
- Second : 400 euros
- Third : 300 euros
- Fourth : 200 euros
- 3 wins : 100 euros
Prizes besides top group
- Player with 4 wins : 100 euros (300 euros for 5 dan and stronger)
- Player with 3 wins : go book, DVD, Alsace wine or chocolates.
Rules for the cup
The winners of semi-finals will play the final and will be at first and second place.
The loosers of the semi-finals will play for the third and fourth place.
The fifth place will be decided between the players of the top group by the sum of their STS points.
- Player n° 1 vs random player
- Player n° 8 vs random player
- Player n° 5 vs random player
- Player n° 4 vs random player
- Player n° 3 vs random player
- Player n° 6 vs random player
- Player n° 7 vs random player
- Player n° 2 vs random player
- Winners match 1 – match 2
- Winners match 3 – match 4
- Winners match 5 – match 6
- Winners match 7 – match 8
- Winners quarter 1 – quarter 2
- Winners quarter 3 – quarter 4